... in the rural and tranquil health region of Hersbrucker Schweiz
numerous interesting recreational opportunities await you
- Visit to the Fackelmann-Therme, a highlight for old and young alike
- Hikes in lovely surroundings - among other things, the Franconian Alps offers rural rural guest tours
- Climbing for beginners and experts
- Llama trekking, cycling (bike rental possible), canoeing, tow on the Ludwig-Danube-Main Canal
- Visit of various museums, e.g. German Shepherd Museum and Dauphin Speed Event (for automobile fans), both in Hersbruck
- Visit to the Toy Museum, the Germanic National Museum and many other museums in Nuremberg
... because fresh air is always good for you
The beautiful surroundings invite you to go hiking. Numerous well-marked hiking trails open up the lovely landscape around Engelthal. Directly past runs the Frankenweg, which runs from the Rennsteig to the Swabian Alb.
Also the Ulrich von Königstein path with its natural beauties "Steinerne Rinne" and the "Hohle Fels" under the "Houbirg" near Happurg is worth every meter.
... worth seeing destinations in the surrounding area there are enough
Plan trips to Nuremberg, Bamberg, Bayreuth and Regensburg. These charming cities are within a radius of about 1 hour drive.
The Banz Monastery in Staffelstein and the nearby pilgrimage church of Vierzehnheiligen are also worth a visit.
Experience unspoiled nature at the Hufeisen game preserve in Veldensteiner Forst. Various Christmas markets, including the world-famous Nuremberg Christkindelsmarkt, are a must during Advent.